LUIS TEJADA is the TENANT’S CANDIDATE because:
• He founded the Mirabal Sisters Community Center, a grassroots non-profit organization, to educate, organize and mobilize tenants to preserve their community.
• He has challenged the largest real estate companies without fear to stop the abuses against elderly and tenants.
• Has saved hundreds of affordable apartments for low-income families.
• He lead the fight to freeze the rent for two consecutive years which was the first time in 46 years of the Rent Guideline Board’s existence.
• Luis Tejada, tireless fighter for quality education in New York City’s public schools.
• He help organized over 200 hundred tenants’ associations in 20 years.
• He won cases in New York Supreme Court, housing court and at the Human Right Division against predatory real estate companies like Pinnacle, Vantage, Extell, Alma Realty and other abuser landlords.